Chapter 3 Phenomenon——4

My truck seemed to have no problem with the black ice that covered the roads.

看起来我的卡车在结冰的路面上面行驶没什么问题。

我的卡车似乎丝毫不受路面上那层黑冰的影响。

I drove very slowly, though, not wanting to carve a path of destruction through Main Street.

尽管是这样,我还是开的非常慢,因为我没有等待切开一条通过主街的路。

但我还是开得很慢,生怕在大街上撞出一条破坏通道来。

When I got out of my truck at school, I saw why I'd had so little trouble.

当我到了学校下车时,我看出来为什么我有一些小麻烦了。

等我到了学校,走下车的时候,我才明白为什么路上没遇上半点麻烦。

Something silver caught my eye, and I walked to the back of the truck — carefully holding the side for support — to examine my tires.

一些银制品吸引了我的目光,然后我走到了车的后面——小心的抓住一边保持平衡——检查我的轮胎。

There were thin chains crisscrossed in diamond shapes around them.

有一些十字的菱形的链子在上面。

细细的链条十字交叉成钻石的形状,缠在车胎上。

Charlie had gotten up who knows how early to put snow chains on my truck.

谁知道查理斯多早起来在我的卡车上面装上了防滑链。

My throat suddenly felt tight. 

我的喉咙突然感觉变紧了。

I wasn't used to being taken care of, and Charlie's unspoken concern caught me by surprise.

我过去常常没有关心,对于查理斯沉默的关心让我很惊讶。

我不习惯被人照顾。查理讷于言表的关心冷不防打动了我。

I was standing by the back corner of the truck, struggling to fight back the sudden wave of emotion the snow chains had brought on, when I heardan odd sound.

我站在卡车后面的一个角落里,努力的和突然来自这防滑链带来的情感斗争着,直到我听到了一个奇怪的声音。

我站在车后的一角,拼命压抑着雪地链带来的突如其来的、潮水般的情绪。就在这时,我听到了一个古怪的声音。

It was a high-pitched screech, and it was fast becoming painfully loud. I looked up, startled.

这是一个高声的尖叫,就像来自痛苦的声音一般。我看去,震惊了。

那是一声惊骇的尖叫,然后迅速变成了一片尖叫声。我吃惊地抬起头。

原文地址:https://www.cnblogs.com/linkstar/p/6341284.html