Chapter 2 Open Book——2

It was worse because I was tired;

更糟糕的是因为我疲惫了。

I still couldn't sleep with the wind echoing around the house.

窒息的风绕着整幢房子,我仍然睡不着。

It was worse because Mr. Varner called on me inTrig when my hand wasn't raised and I had the wrong answer.

更糟糕是因为瓦尔纳老师在三角课上叫我起来回答问题,而那时我并没有举手,而且我还答错了。

It was miserable because I had to play volleyball, and the one time I didn't cringe out of the way of the ball, I hit my teammate in the head with it.

更悲惨的是因为我不得不打排球,然后有一次我没有以正确的方式击球,我把球打到了队友的头上。

And it was worse because Edward Cullen wasn't in school at all.

更糟糕的是因为Edward Cullen 没有来学校。

All morning I was dreading lunch, fearing his bizarre glares.

整个早上我都在担心午饭,害怕他的奇异的目光。

Part of me wanted to confront him and demand to know what his problem was.

我有一种想法想要直面他然后想要知道他到底有什么问题。

我的一部分想要对抗他,要求知道他的问题所在。

While I was lying sleepless in my bed, I even imagined what I would say.

当我躺在我的床上失眠的时候,我甚至想象我应该怎么说。

But I knew myself too well to think I would really have the guts to do it.

但是我知道我自己没有很好的考虑好

但我太了解我自己了,我不认为我有这个胆量去做这件事。

I made the Cowardly Lion look like the terminator.

我努力让自己这个胆小的狮子看上去像魔鬼终结者。

原文地址:https://www.cnblogs.com/linkstar/p/5969628.html