Chapter 1 First Sight——9

One of the best things about Charlie is he doesn't hover.

一件最好的事是查理兹他不在附近。

He left me alone to unpack and get settled, a feat that would have been altogether impossible for my mother.

他让我一个人去打开包裹然后安顿好,和我妈妈一起来做这已经是不可能的了。

It was nice to be alone, not to have to smileand look pleased;

一个人挺好的,不用故意去表现的看起来很开心的样子

a relief to stare dejectedly out the window at the sheeting rain and let just a few tears escape.

减轻了来自窗外的沮丧和灰心,窗外的雨让几滴泪逃了出来

I wasn't in the mood to goon a real crying jag.

我不是真正想哭才哭的

我没有心情呆子一个真正的放声痛哭。

I would save that for bed time, when I would have to think about the coming morning.

我不想保留这个不好的时间,我不得不去思考明天该来的早上。

Forks High School had a frightening total of only three hundred and fifty-seven — now fifty-eight — students;

福克斯的高中有令人恐惧的人数,只有357,现在是358个学生了

there were more than seven hundred people in my junior class alone back home.

在我的老家的初中有超过700人。

All of the kids herehad grown up together — their grandparents had been toddlers together.

所有的孩子在当地都是一起长大的,他们的祖父母都是一起认识的。

他们的爷爷奶奶在蹒跚学步时就在一起了。

I would be the new girl from the big city, a curiosity, a freak.

我将成为来自大城市的新的女孩,好奇,奇异的。

Maybe, if I looked like a girl from Phoenix should, I could work this to my advantage.

可能,如果我应该看起来像来自凤凰城的女孩,我可以做自己擅长的。

我将成为从大城市里转来的女孩,一个新鲜的,古怪的存在。

But physically, I'd never fit in anywhere. I should be tan,sporty, blond — a volleyball player, or a cheerleader, perhaps — all the things that go with living in the valley of the sun.

但是实际上,我哪里都不适合,我应该是褐色的皮肤,运动的,金发碧眼的,一个排球运动员,或者一个拉拉队员,或者所有的时期都应在太阳在生活。

也许,如果我看起来像是个来自凤凰城的女孩,我能更占些优势。但事实上,我和任何地方都格格不入。我应当是棕褐色的,运动型的,发色发浅的——一个排球运动员,或者一个拉拉队队长,也许——拥有一些看起来像是生活在日光城的特征。

原文地址:https://www.cnblogs.com/linkstar/p/5740710.html