TPO-17 C1 Find materials for an opera paper

TPO-17 C1 Find materials for an opera paper

production n. 成果;产品;生产;作品

第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between a student and a professor.
听一个学生和教授之间的对话。
第 2 段
1.OK, let's see, right. Modern stagings of a Shakespearian classic.
好,让我们来看看。没错,一个莎士比亚经典的现代演绎。

2.Well, like I told you last week, I think that's a great topic for your paper.
嗯,就像我跟你说,上周,我认为这是为你的论文有很好的话题。
3.So the title will be something like... um...
所以标题会是这样的......呃...
第 3 段
1.I'm not really sure. Probably something like 20th century stagings of A Midsummer Night's Dream.
我真的不知道,大概就像20世纪的仲夏夜之梦。
第 4 段
1.Yes, I like that.
是的,我喜欢这样。
2.Straight forward into the point.So how is the research going?
简单明了,重点突出。因此,如何研究走向何方?
第 5 段
1.Well, that's what I came to talk to you about.
嗯,这就是我来和你谈谈。
2.I was wondering if you happen to have a copy of the Peter Brook production of A Midsummer Night's Dream in your video collection.
我在想,如果你碰巧有彼得·布鲁克生产仲夏夜之梦的副本在你的视频采集。

happen to have 碰巧有...

3.I've been looking for it everywhere, and I've have a really hard time tracking it down.
我无时无刻在寻找它,但是我发现很难。
第 6 段
1.That's because it doesn't exist.
这是因为它不存在。
第 7 段
1.You mean in your collection ?Or at all?
您的意思是在您的研究下?还是它根本不存在?
第 8 段
1.I mean at all.
我的意思根本不。
2.That particular production was never filmed or recorded.
特定的作品从未拍过或记录
第 9 段
1.Oh, no, I had no idea. From what I read, that production like, it influenced every other production of the play that came after it, so I just assumed it'd been filmed or videotaped.
哦,不。我不知道。从我读,即生产一样,它影响了所有其他作品后,它附带的发挥。所以,我只是认为这已经拍摄或录像。
第 10 段
1.Oh, it definitely was a landmark production and it's not like it ran for just a week.
哦,这绝对是一个里程碑式的作品。而且它不喜欢它跑了一个星期,
2.But, either was never filmed, or if it was, the film has been lost.
但也许它从来没有拍过,或者如果它丢失了。
3.It's ironic, because there is even a film about the making of the production.
真讽刺,因为甚至还有一个关于制作作品的电影
4.But none of the production itself.
但没有作品本身。
第 11 段
1.So now what will I do? If there's no video.
所以,现在我该怎么办?如果没有视频。
第 12 段
1.Well, think about it. This is the most important 20th century staging of A Midsummer Night's Dream, right?
嗯,想想吧。这是仲夏夜之梦的20世纪最重要的演出,对不对?
第 13 段
1.But how can I write about Brook's interpretation of the play if I can't see his production?
但我怎么写得出来布鲁克的戏剧的描绘,如果我看不到他的作品。
第 14 段
1.Just because there's no recording doesn't mean you can't figure out how it influenced other productions.
仅仅因为没有记录,并不意味着你不能弄清楚它是如何影响的其他作品。
第 15 段
1.I guess there is enough materials around, but it'll be a challenge.
是的,我想有足够的材料左右,但它会是一个挑战。
第 16 段
1.True, but think about it, you're writing about dramatic arts, the theater, that's the nature of theater, isn't it?
真的。不过,仔细想想,你在写戏剧艺术,戏剧,这就是戏剧的本质,不是吗?
第 17 段
1.You mean because it's live, when the performance has finished...
你的意思是,因为它是活的,当表演完成...
第 18 段
1.That's it, unless it's filmed, it's gone.
这就是它。除非它被拍摄了,否则就不见了。
2.But that doesn't mean we can't study it.
但是,这并不意味着我们不能研究它。
3.And of course some students in this class are writing about productions in the 19th century, there're no videos of those.
当然有些学生在这个类是写于19世纪作品,还有那些没有视频。
4.You know, one of the challenges for people who study theater is to find ways of talking about something that's really so transient, about something that, in a sense, doesn't exist.
要知道,人谁学习戏剧的挑战之一是要找到谈论的事情真的如此短暂,关于,从某种意义上说,不存在的东西的方法。

原文地址:https://www.cnblogs.com/leihui/p/10279875.html