TPO-16 C1 Reserve the room for a rehearsal

TPO-16 C1 Reserve the room for a rehearsal

第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between a Student and a facilities Manager at the university.
听一段学生和设施管理员的对话。
第 2 段
1.Hi. I'm Melanie, the one who's been calling.
你好!我是梅兰尼,刚才我已经电话联系过了。
第 3 段
1.From the singing group, right?
是合唱团那边么?
第 4 段
1.From the choir.
是唱诗班。
第 5 段
1.Right, the choir.
对,是唱诗班。
2.It's nice to finally meet you in person. So, you are having problems with...
终于和你碰面了,这太好了。恩,你在哪些事情上碰到麻烦了?
第 6 段
1.Noise. Like I explained on the phone we've always had our rehearsals in the Lincoln Auditorium every day at 3 o'clock and it's always worked just great.
噪音。正如我在电话里所讲述的那样,我们一直以来都把我们的排练安排在林肯礼堂,时间3 点,这个安排一直都还好。
2.But the past few weeks with the noise, it's been a total nightmare since constructions started next door on the science hall.
不过前几周隔壁科学厅装修弄出来的噪音,成了我们的噩梦。
第 7 段
1.Oh, that's right. They're building that addition for new laboratories.
恩,是这样的。他们在添建几间新的实验室。
第 8 段
1.Exactly. Anyway, ever since they started working on it, it's been so noisy we can barely hear ourselves sing.
事情确实如此。不过,自从他们开工以后,声响太吵了,搞得我们听不到自己唱歌的声音了。
第 9 段
1.Let alone sing.
除了唱歌呢?
第 10 段
1.Forget about singing, I mean, we keep the windows down and everything, but once those bulldozers get going, I mean those machines are loud.
别提唱歌了,我是说,我们把窗户关起来,但是一旦推土机开动,那些机器就会发出很大的声音。
2.We've already had to cut short two rehearsals and we've got a concert in 6 weeks.
我们现在已经缩短了两次排练的时间,并且我们6 周之后就有一场演出。
第 11 段
1.Well, that's not good.
嗯,情况确实不大好。
2.I'm assuming you've tried to reschedule your rehearsals.
我想你们可能已经尝试调整过排练日程了。
3.They don't do construction work at night.
他们晚上不会开工。
第 12 段
1.I ran that by the group, but there were just too many, I mean evenings are really hard.
我试过了让班里的成员晚上排练,不过麻烦太多了。我的意思是把排练安排在晚上确实困难。
2.It seems like everyone in the choir already has plans and some even have classes at night.
好像唱诗班的成员在晚上都有安排,有的晚上还有课。
第 13 段
1.And what about the music building?
音乐楼那边呢?
第 14 段
1.You know, originally we were booked in one of the rehearsal rooms in the music building, but then we switched with the jazz ensemble.
恐怕您也知道,我们本来在那儿登记了一间排演室,不过后来和爵士班换了一下
2.They're a much smaller group and they said the acoustics, the sound in that room, was better for them.
他们组员少得多,那儿的音效对他们更适合。
3.So having us moved to a bigger space like the Lincoln Auditorium seemed like a reasonable idea.
所以,他们把我们换到更大的林肯礼堂也很有道理。
第 15 段
1.But now...
不过现在……
第 16 段
1.All that noise.
就是那些噪音。
2.I don't know, I just wonder if the jazz ensemble knew what was going to happen.
我也不知道怎么办才好。现在我怀疑爵士班的人预先知道林肯礼堂附近会大兴土木。
第 17 段
1.Well, that wouldn't be very nice.
嗯,这个想法似乎不太好。
第 18 段
1.No. But it really was quite a coincidence.
是的。不过这也太巧了!
2.Anyway, now the music building's fully booked, mornings, afternoons, everything, we just need a quiet space. And it has to have a piano.
不管怎样,现在音乐楼那边都已经订满了,早上、下午都没有空位。我们只想找个安静的地方,嗯,那儿还得有钢琴。
第 19 段
1.A piano. Of course some of the other auditoriums have pianos, but that's not going to be easy.
有钢琴。别的礼堂当然有钢琴,不过安排起来也不容易。
第 20 段
1.You think they're pretty booked up?
你认为那些地方也都差不多预定满了吗?
第 21 段
1.Probably. But it can't hurt to check.
很可能。不过查一下也不费事。
2.What about Bradford Hall? I remember a piano in the old Student center there.
布拉福德厅怎样?我记得那儿的老学生中心里面就有钢琴。
第 22 段
1.At this point, we'd be grateful for any quiet place.
到这个节骨眼上了,我们能找到一个安静的地方就是运气了。
第 23 段
1.Can you... How flexible can you be on times?
你们能……嗯,你们时间安排够灵活么?
2.You said no evenings, but what if I can't find something open at 3 o'clock? Can you move earlier or later?
你刚才提到晚上不合适,如果我找不到3点左右的排练室,别的行吗?你们能把排练时间调到早一些的,或是晚一些的吗?
第 24 段
1.I wish I could say another time would be okay, but you know how it is, everybody's already got commitments for the whole semester, 2:30 or 3:30 would probably be okay, but I don't think we could go much outside that.
我也希望别的时间能够满足我们的要求,但你也知道事情有多麻烦,每个人都把整学期的事情安排好了。两点半或者三点半大概可以,这个范围外的时间我想我们不能接受。
第 25 段
1.Well, check with me more on morning.
嗯,明天早上来找我吧
2.I should've found something by then.
到那会儿我应该能够找到合适的地方。
3.It might not be ideal...
应该不会有太大问题。
第 26 段
1.As long as it's got a piano and nobody's putting up a building next door, we'll be happy.
只要有一台钢琴,并且在隔壁没有人在盖楼,我们就会很开心。

原文地址:https://www.cnblogs.com/leihui/p/10263583.html