TPO-12 C2 A problem of the TA's payroll

TPO-12 C2 A problem of the TA's payroll

payroll n. 工资单;在册职工人数;工资名单;
paycheck n. 付薪水的支票,薪水
paperwork n. 文书工作
graduate teaching assistants 研究生教学助理

第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between a student and a Department Secretary.
听一段学生和系秘书之间的谈话。
第 2 段
1.Hi. Miss Hendrix.
嗨,Hendrics小姐。
第 3 段
1.Hi Bret, how are you?
嗨,Brad,你好吗?
第 4 段
1.I'm fine, except I have a question about my paycheck.
我很好。只是,关于工资账单,我有点问题。
第 5 段
1.Sure. What's up?
当然,怎么了?
第 6 段
1.Well it's already been several weeks into the semester and my paycheck was supposed to go directly into my bank account but there haven't been any deposits.
已经期末的好几周了,我的支票应该直接转到我银行账户里,但还查不到任何存款(转账)记录。
第 7 段
1.That's odd.
那就怪了。
第 8 段
1.Yeah, I thought graduate teaching assistants will automatically put on the payroll at the beginning of the semester.
是啊,我以为研究生教学助理在开学的时候就已经在工资名单上了呢。
第 9 段
1.They are. Let's see did you complete all the forms for payroll?
就应该是这样的啊。我们看看⋯⋯工资名单的材料你都填了吗?
第 10 段
1.I filled in whatever they sent me, and I returned... like... at the end of August.
我把他们寄来的材料都填了。而且我差不多八月底就寄回去了。
第 11 段
1.Hum, well, you definitely should have been paid by now.
嗯,照理说你应该领工资了。
2.At least two pay periods have passed since then.
已经过去至少两个发薪周期了。
第 12 段
1.I asked the bank and they didn't know anything.
我问银行了,他们什么都不知道。
2.Who should I talk to about this, payroll?
关于这件事我应该跟谁谈呢,(管理)工资名单的人?
第 13 段
1.I'm going to contact them for you.
我会替你联系他们的。
2.There was a problem in processing some of the graduate students' payroll paper work.
处理研究生助教的文件的时候好像有点问题,
3.Cause their computer program crashed after all the information was processed.
因为他们的电脑系统在处理完这些程序之后崩溃了,
4.And some people's information couldn't be retrieved.
有些人的信息可能丢失了。
第 14 段
1.Hum. But why didn't anyone let me know?
哦,可为什么没人告诉我呢?
第 15 段
1.I don't know how they work over there, cause they couldn't even figure out whose information was missing.
我不知道他们那边是怎么样的。因为,他们可能连丢失的是谁的信息都不知道。
2.And this isn't the first time, seems like something like this happens every semester.
而且这不是第一次了,好像每学期都会出这种事。
第 16 段
1.So how do I find out if my information was lost?
那我怎么知道丢失的是不是我的信息?
第 17 段
1.I will contact them tomorrow morning to see if you're in the system.
我会明天早上联系他们,看你是否在他们的电脑系统里。
2.But you're probably not.
但估计你不在。
第 18 段
1.Well, then,what will i need to do?
那接下来我应该做什么?
第 19 段
1.Sorry but you will need to fill out those forms again and then I will fax them over the payroll office.
抱歉了,但你需要把那些资料重填一下。然后我会发传真到负责工资的办公室。
第 20 段
1.And then what... Well, what I really need to know is how long till I get some money. I'm already a month behind on my bills and my tuition's due soon.
那然后呢?我真正关心的是我多久能拿到钱?我的账单已经拖欠一个月了,而我的学费又快要缴费了。
第 21 段
1.They'll get you into the system the same day they receive your paperwork.
他们会在收到你资料的同一天把你输入进工资名单。
2.So if you do that tomorrow, you'll get paid next Friday.
所以如果你明天就去,下周五就能收到钱。
第 22 段
1.That's a long time from now.
那还有很久呢。
2.Will that paycheck include all the money I am owed?
那笔工资会涵盖他们欠我的所有工资吗?
第 23 段
1.It should. I will double check with the payroll department.
应该是,我会跟工资办公室核实的。
第 24 段
1.And another thing, Is there any way I could get paid sooner, I have been teaching all these weeks...
还有,有任何办法可以让我尽快拿到钱吗?我教了这么长时间的课⋯⋯
第 25 段
1.I know it's not fair but I don't think they can do anything. all the checks are computed automatically in the system.
我知道这不公平,但我不觉得他们有其他办法了。所有的工资支票都是电脑自动管理的。
2.They can't just write checks.
他们不能直接付给你钱。
第 26 段
1.But they are the ones that made a mistake.
但是他们出错了。
2.And they never told me!
而且从来都没告诉过我。
第 27 段
1.I understand how you feel . If I were you, I'd be upset too.
我明白你的感受,如果我是你,我也会很生气的。
2.I'll tell you what:when I call them, I will explain the situation and ask if there is any way you can be paid sooner.
这样吧,等我给他们打电话的时候,我会告诉他们你的情况,问问他们有没有任何办法可以让你尽快拿到钱。
3.But I have to tell you that based on past experiences you shouldn't count on it.
但我必须告诉你,根据以往经验,你不应该抱太大希望。
第 28 段
1.I understand. Thanks. I know it's not your fault and you're doing everything you can.
唉,我了解了,谢谢。我知道这不是你的错,你在尽力帮助我。
第 29 段
1.Well, what I CAN do is make sure that your first check for the total amount the university owes you.
我能做的就是确保你收到的这第一笔钱涵盖了学校欠你的每笔工资。
第 30 段
1.That'll be great!
那太好了。
2.Thank you. I will be on campus about 10 tomorrow morning and I will come by to see you then.
谢谢。我明天会上午十点的时候来学校,到时候我会过来见你。

原文地址:https://www.cnblogs.com/leihui/p/10214259.html