Seven times I have despised my soul 我曾七次鄙视自己的灵魂

Seven times I have despised my soul

我曾七次鄙视自己的灵魂

纪伯伦

  he first time when I saw her being meek that she might attain height.

  

  第一次,我看见她本可以乘风破浪,却安于一隅。

              

 

  The second time when I saw her limping before the crippled.

 

  第二次,我看见她在瘸者面前跛行。

 

              

 

  The third time when she was given to choose between the hard and the easy, and she chose the easy.

 

  第三次,在捷径和坎坷之间,她选择了捷径。

 

              

 

  The fourth time when she committed a wrong, and comforted herself that others also commit wrong.

 

  第四次,她做错了事,却用别人也会犯错来宽慰自己。

              

 

  The fifth time when she forbore for weakness, and attributed her patience to strength.

 

  第五次,她姑息了软弱,还将自己的容忍当作力量。

 

              

 

  The sixth time when she despised the ugliness of a face, and knew not that it was one of her own masks.

 

  第六次,她蔑视一张容颜黯淡,却不知那不过也是自己的一张面具。

              

  And the seventh time when she sang a song of praise, and deemed it a virtue.

 

  第七次,她违心大唱颂歌,还自诩为美德。

       

                  

              

 

原文地址:https://www.cnblogs.com/Loizbq/p/7751139.html